A Federal High Court sitting in Jalingo, Taraba state, on Wednesday, March 6, disqualified the All Progressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial candidate Alhaji Sani Abubakar Danladi from contesting the March 9, governorship election, Daily Trust reports.
The ruling, according to the court was based on alleged falsification of age in the documents which the APC governorship candidate supplied to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Also in the convoy, which lost no fewer than 10 vehicles burnt in the attack, was Nigeria’s ambassador to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, Alhaji Hassan Ardo. Legit.ng gathered that Danladi, who was on a campaign tour of the southern senatorial district of the state, was on his way to Ibi local government area when some youths ambushed the motorcade at a junction in Wukari. In another report by Legit.ng, 15 governorship candidates were said to have stepped down to work for the victory of the governor of Taraba state, Darius Ishaku at the polls.
The governorship election will hold on March 9 across many states of the federation. The governorship candidates said their joint decision to step down followed the realization that the state had been peaceful as a result of Ishaku’s favourable governance.
TODAY, only sixty one hours to the Gubernatorial and National Assembly elections scheduled for Saturday, A Federal High Court in Jalingo, Taraba state decided in a sitting that Sani Abubakar Danladi, gubernatorial flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC) was no longer qualified to participate in the elections.
The court decided so because it faulted documents provided by Danladi to the Independent Electoral Commission on the grounds that he lied about his age. This perceived falsehood then then triggered the ruling of the court that Danladi is disqualified from Saturday’s election
Please leave your comments below and do not forget to share.