When power changes hand, a lot usually follows and that is the case in Ekiti where Governor Kayode Fayemi is making nonsense of some of the decisions taken by his predecessor, Ayodele Fayose.
Fayemi has ordered the reinstatement of all the five Permanent Secretaries that were retired in 2014 by the immediate past administration of Fayose.
Their reinstatement was made known in a statement issued on Tuesday night in Ado-Ekiti by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Olayinka Oyebode.
Those reinstated are Emmanuel Oso, Alfred Ologuntoye, Ayodeji Ajayi, Funke Falodun, Ayoola Owolabi and Babatunde Alokan.
The statement said their reinstatement followed the successful hearing of their petitions by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) which declared that they were unfairly treated.
“The NHRC also agreed with the petitioners and the state government for their reinstatement and settlement of all their outstanding salaries and allowances for the period of their illegal termination of appointment
“Consequently, Governor Kayode Fayemi directed that the five be reinstated accordingly,’’ the statement said.
The letters communicating their reinstatement were signed by the Head of Service, Olugbenga Faseluka.
According to the letter, the reinstatement takes effect from Monday.
Before now, Fayemi had also cancelled the school level being paid during the Fayose era.
Recall that two buildings in Ado Ekiti purportedly linked to Fayose, have been sealed off by the state
government for lack of an approved plan and permit.
The state government, through the Ministry of Housing and Physical Planning and Urban Development, said the erection of the buildings contravened the laws guiding urban renewal regulations of the state government.
The sprawling twin bungalow with an elevated fence, covering over 5 plots, were located at the Government Reservation Area (GRA) in Ado Ekiti and almost adjacent the new Deputy Governor’s lodge located within the Government House.
A paper dated October 18, which was attached to the gate and signed by the Director of Urban and Regional Planning in the ministry said: “It was discovered during inspection by the inspectorate staff of our Ministry that a residential building by you at GRA has no approved plan/permit for the site or bring same to our office to get certification for the erection.
“You are hereby ordered to suspend the use of the building premises until an approved plan is submitted for clearance”, it stated.
The contractor handling the project began work about four months ago after the buildings erected on the plot were pulled down to give way for the new edifices.
Before Fayose exited office, rumour had been rife that he was the owner of the magnificent buildings.