Nigerian Governor Hands Over To His Deputy As Boko Haram Invade Another Community, Residents Flee

Boko Haram Currently Attacking Borno Community, Residents Flee

Militants from the Islamic State-backed faction of Boko Haram, the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), are currently attacking Rann, headquarters of Kala Balge Local Government Area of Born State.

SaharaReporters gathered that the insurgents invaded the town after iftar, the meal eaten by Muslims after sunset during Ramadan, shooting sporadically as residents flee into the forest for safety.

“There is confusion in Rann now, sporadic shooting currently going on,” a source said.

The latest attack is coming six days after the insurgents attacked a Nigerian Army location at 156 Battalion in Mainok area, Borno State, killing over 30 soldiers.

Mainok is the headquarters of the Kaga Local Government Area of Borno state.

SaharaReporters gathered that the terrorists who came in no fewer than 15 gun trucks also burnt down the military base.

Boko Haram and its offshoot, Islamic State West Africa Province, have killed thousands and displaced millions in North-Eastern Nigeria.

The Nigerian military has repeatedly claimed that the insurgency had been largely defeated and frequently underplays any losses.

Source – Sahara Reporters

 

 

Nigerian governor hands over power to his deputy, gives reason

Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno state has handed power over to his deputy, Umar Kadafur, to serve as acting governor from April 29 to May 19.

It was reported that lawmakers in Borno have given approval for Deputy Governor Umar to serve in that capacity after Zulum made the request in a letter dated April 26. According to Malam Isa Gusau, Zulum’s spokesman, the governor sought approval of the house to go on a 21-day vacation.

He said: “The governor also requested that in compliance with provisions of section 190 (1) of the constitution, which made him notify the House, the Assembly should approve the Deputy Governor to serve as acting Governor throughout the 21 days, to constitutionally give him the full powers to handle Borno State’s affairs without resort to the Governor.”
Source – Legit

 

 

El-Rufai sadist, wicked leader for sacking 35,000 Kaduna workers: Labour

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) on Saturday described the mass sack and casualisation of workers by Governor Nasir El-Rufai as the most brutal attack on workers and trade unions’ rights in Nigeria’s history.

NLC chairman Ayuba Suleiman, who delivered the Workers Day address of the union’s President Ayuba Wabba, said the government had either sacked or casualised more than 60 per cent of the state workforce.

“We consider the recent mass sack and casualisation of more than 60 per cent of the workforce in Kaduna State as the most brutal attack on workers and trade union rights in our nation’s history.

“Between 2016 and 2021, Nasiru El-Rufai had sacked 21,770 primary school teachers, 7,310 local government employees, 3,000 personnel in the state civil Service and 1, 240 workers in the health sector.

Source – Peoples Gazette

 

 

 

Zamfara govt confirms killing of bandits’ leader, Auwalun, after fake repentance

A notorious bandit leader, Auwalun Daudawa, who swore with the Quaran at the Government House in Gusau that he would not return to banditry has been neutralized by rival bandits in Zamfara State.

It could be recalled that Auwalu Daudaws led the kidnapping mission of over 300 students of Government Science Secondary School Kankara in Katsina State.

Investigations by DAILY POST revealed that Daudawa was shot dead on Friday evening during a gun duel with a rival gang at Dumburum forest located between Zurmi Local Government Area in Zamfara State and Batsari Local Government Area in Katsina State.

The notorious bandit came to prominence after he successfully handled the attack on Government Secondary School, Kankara where he abducted over 300 schoolboys overnight, a situation that caused restless nights to the government.

Our correspondent reports that a few months ago, the bandit appeared at the Government House in Gusau, Zamfsra State capital, along with five members of his group where he announced his repentance and handed over 20 AK rifles and other dangerous weapons to the police.

When contacted, the state Commissioner for Security and Home Affairs, Hon. Mohammed Abubakar Dauran confirmed the incident, saying that it was not the military or the security operatives that killed Daudawa but a rival bandit gang.
.
The Commissioner claimed the bandit killed himself as nobody can betray God and escape judgement, saying the criminal shouldn’t have sworn with the holy Quaran in the first place.

“Since he knew right in his mind that he was not repenting sincerely, he shouldn’t have sworn with the holy Quaran because it has its own repercussions,” he said.
Source – Daily Post

 

 

 

Kizz Daniel celebrates 27th birthday, welcomes twins

Music star Oluwatobiloba Anidugbe aka Kizz Daniel has welcomed a set of twins as he marked his 27th birthday on May 1.

The renowned singer, who could not hide his joy and gratitude to God, took to his Instagram handle@kizzdaniel to share the good news to his fans and well-wishers.

According to the proud father of two boys, there is no better way to celebrate his birthday than announcing the arrival of his sons.

The ‘One Ticket’ crooner, sharing a close-up photo of him holding his sons’ hands, the singer wrote: “ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪS ɴᴏ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴇʟᴇʙʀᴀᴛᴇ ᴍʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ, ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀɴɴᴏᴜɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀʀɪᴠᴀʟ ᴏf ᴍʏ BOYSꜱ… ᴊᴇʟᴀɴɪ & ᴊᴀʟɪʟ ❤️”.
Source – The Nation

 

 

Mum told me to pray when I discouraged her from attending Lagos party —Daughter of hospital worker who died in auto crash

If the duo of Basirat Shoyola and Dupe Oyebamiji knew that the burial they were going for in Lagos would be their last outing on earth, they probably would have politely declined the invitations.

They were a few kilometres away from their abodes when death struck. It was gathered that Shoyola and Oyebamiji were among those travelling to Lagos to honour a colleague and family friend holding a burial.

Fourteen nurses, two hospital attendants and a driver were involved in the accident which occured on the Abeokuta-Lagos Expressway on April 18, 2021. The accident claimed two lives while 10 others sustained varying degrees of injury.

Shoyola was a clinical officer at the Oba Ademola Maternity Hospital, Ijemo, Abeokuta while Oyebamiji worked as a hospital attendant at the Ogun State Hospital, Ijaye, Abeokuta.

Our correspondent who paid a visit to the bereaved family of 46-year-old Shoyola at Idi-Aba area of Abeokuta observed that the family members were still in grief though the deceased was said to have been buried according to Islamic rites. The woman’s husband sat dejectedly at the frontage of their house with his daughters and other relatives.

The first daughter of the deceased identified as Rukayat who spoke with our correspondent lamented that she did not want her mother to attend the burial, but had no choice since the invitation was from her boss.

Read More>>>>

 

 

IN THE DARK Mo Salah reveals ‘no one is talking’ to him over new Liverpool contract amid Barcelona and Real Madrid transfer interest

MO SALAH has revealed “no one is talking” to him over a new Liverpool contract amid links to Barcelona and Real Madrid.

The striker, 28, claims he “doesn’t know” his future but wants to repeat his 2019 Champions League and 2020 Premier League glory with them.

Salah has made ambiguous comments on his Liverpool situation in recent months.

But he has reportedly been unhappy with his own fortunes on the pitch, as well as the Reds’ slump from last term’s title romp.

Now the two-time Prem Golden Boot winner has told Sky Sports: “No one in the club is talking to me about anything so I do not know.

“I said before that I want to win the Premier League again, I want to win the Champions League again.

“It’s a great thing to win. I’m just trying to win it again and again. Part of our job is to win trophies.”

The Egypt superstar’s contract expires in 2023, with Barca reportedly his most persistent admirers over the past year.

But having previously appeared to suggest he would be interested in playing for a Spanish giant, he gave his biggest hint back in January that he wanted to remain at Anfield.

Source – The Sun