Three Soldiers, Five Villagers Killed As Bandits Attack Zamfara LGA
No fewer than three Soldiers and five villagers lost their lives following an attack by bandits in Kabasa village of Zamfara State.
The victims were killed while repelling bandits’ attack in Magami District, Gusau Local Government Area of the state.
A source who confirmed the incident to Channels TV on Wednesday said the bandits were engaged in a fight with the people of Kabasa village who came out in their large numbers to protect themselves when the bandits entered their village.
“The bandits and the villagers fought for more than three hours before the military men who were stationed in Magami town came to the scene for help,” he said.
The bandits also lost many of their members but they took away their dead bodies.
Reacting, the Zamfara State Government expressed shock at the reported attack by the recalcitrant bandits who unleashed mayhem on innocent people in Kabasa village.
In a statement by the state Commissioner for Information, Ibrahim Dosara said, “The Executive Governor is saddened and disturbed by this sad event and strongly condemned it which led to the loss of lives in the village.”
The governor also extended his heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims and prayed to God to grant the souls of the departed, eternal rest.
“The government has already directed security agencies in the state to carry out a full investigation into the incident and report back to the government for action.”
Meanwhile, the standing committee for the assessment of damages constituted by the state government has been instructed to visit the community to assess the level of damages inflicted on the community.
People of the affected community in particular and the state in general, are also advised to remain law-abiding and go about their normal businesses.
All efforts to get comments from Operation Hadarin Daji proved abortive.
I can step down as Oyo Governor – Makinde
Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, on Wednesday, declared that he would exit the office if that people make the demand.
Makinde said he was not bothered about the title, adding that it was the reason he vowed to take decisions in the best interest of the state and Yorubaland.
The governor made the comment at the Pan Yoruba Congress held at Mapo Hall, Ibadan.
Noting that the administration had a duty to ensure lives and property are secured, Makinde said the state will incorporate the non-state actors into the new security architecture.
“By virtue of my office, I can see some certain things that you cannot easily see and I stand on my honour to say that I will take decisions in the best interest of my people”, he said.
“What do they want to do to Seyi Makinde? As I stand before you, if I am being asked to leave the seat as the governor, I do not have a pin to go and pick in my office in the Secretariat. I go there with my bag and go back to my house with my bag.”
Makinde disclosed that at the last security meeting, he created a War Room “because the issue of security is beyond rhetoric”. The governor also set up a Task Force on Security, which he chairs.
He said soon, local security personnel who are not in Amotekun, could be OPC or Soludero or State Vigilante as part of the voluntary policing policy.
FG’s move to rehabilitate Port Harcourt refinery one of APC empty promises, says Wike
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, says the move by the Federal Government to rehabilitate the Port Harcourt Refinery is one of the empty promises of the All Progressives Congress government.
He stated this on Wednesday while featuring on Channels Television’s ‘Politics Today’ programme monitored by The PUNCH.
The Federal Executive Council had earlier on Wednesday approved the plan by the Ministry of Petroleum Resources to rehabilitate the Port Harcourt Refinery with $1.5bn.
Commenting on the announcement, Wike said the news was nothing to cheer about, adding that Nigerians should be ready for a deluge of similar promises from the APC government as the 2023 presidential elections draw near.
“We have heard these promises and nothing has happened,” he said, adding that “approval is not disbursement of fund”.
The governor said, “If it (refinery) is going to work, it will improve a lot of economic activities, there will be employment for the people of the state. We will be happy but I am saying that we have had these promises and promises and nothing has happened. So, I don’t want begin to say hallelujah. Let us wait and see what will happen based on the approval and the statement made by the minister of state, petroleum. We will hold him accountable to it.
“We know, even before the (APC) government came into being, they have promised a lot of things and later they come up to say because of these challenges and that, they are not able to fulfill them.
“We are going into 2023, so many promises will be made, so many approvals will be made.”
Man injures woman for refusing to talk to him then boasts that his girlfriend is hotter than her
A Nigerian man has battered a young lady’s face after hitting her for refusing to to talk to him after he approached her.
Sharing the video on Twitter, the young lady’s friend @Stellaachonye said that the man tried to have a conversation with the lady but was ignored.
After the man was turned down, he attacked the lady which left her face bleeding from the physical abuse.
After beating her up, the man in the video was heard boasting to another man in the taxi that the girl is not fine as his girlfriend.
Meanwhile, the man is currently in custody at Ozuoba Police Station in Port Harcourt for allegedly assaulting the lady.
Source: Lailas News
Two dead, five injured in Ogun auto crash
The Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE) says two persons died and five others injured when a truck and a tricycle were involved in an accident at Ifo on Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway.
Mrs Ebunoluwa Akinkumi, Area Commander of TRACE in Ewekoro-Ifo, who made this known in a statement to newsmen said the accident occurred on Wednesday at about 9.05am NAN reports.
Akinkumi said the truck was marked EPE514 XW while the tricycle had JBD 482QJ.
She said the corpses of the victims had been deposited at the Ifo General Hospital morgue while the survivors are also receiving treatment at the hospital.
Akinkumi commiserated with the families of the dead and asked God to grant them the fortitude to bear the loss
She, however, urged motorists to desist from driving against the traffic and always maintain their vehicles and refrain from speeding.
Sacked Ganduje’s Aide Flee Nigeria After Criticising Buhari
A former Media aide of Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State, Salihu Tanko Yakasai, has relocated abroad.
Naija News reports that Ganduje had fired Yakasai in February after he criticised the government of President Muhammadu Buhari over rising insecurity.
In some pictures he posted on social media, Yakasai was seen at the airport of a yet-to-be-known country.
A Qatar Airways aircraft was also seen at the background. He captioned the tweet “Goodbye Naija”.
Source: Naija News