Nollywood is a treasure hove of classic Nigerian-made movies and shows.
Right from our childhood through adulthood, Nollywood has blessed us with unforgettable quips and life lessons. From ritual killers to ‘runs girls’ and more recently wedding parties, we can confidently say that the industry has truly evolved. However, we’re not here to judge, we’re only here for the banter.
So here are some ridiculous ‘life lessons’ we took from old Nollywood movies:
1. If you attend parties, you’ll get pregnant, catch HIV and die
2. People who smoke and drink are evil or cultists at the very least
3. If you pick money off the floor, you’ll turn to yam and die
4. If a woman starts vomiting, she is definitely pregnant
5. Don’t hire a house help, she’ll steal your husband and poison your kids
6. All wicked people confess and die if you sprinkle anointing oil over them
7. Your mother-in-law is a witch and she’ll show you pepper
8. No bae or money in your account? No problem, blame it all on your village people
11. When your stepmother offers you food it is obviously because she has poisoned it.
15. Any girl that just came from America is an ashewo, the village ones are the only good ones. Go and wife them. Don’t worry even the illiterate ones speak perfect English.
What do you think? Drop your opinion in the comment section, like and also share.