From printed jumpsuits, statement sunglasses to floral dresses, Iyabo Ojo’s style is always colourful, youthful and trendy. Take a look! Alice Iyabo Ojo is a Nigerian film actress,director, and producer.
If there’s something trending, you can bet Iyaba Ojo is already on it. The popular actress has her finger firmly on the pulse of everything that is in Vogue and her style is very much driven by what is ‘in’ at the time. Be it the latest IT bag or python print, she’s not afraid to make bold fashion choices.
Here are basic things to know about the actress
1. The beautiful actress has two children but she’s now separated from their father.
2. She was born on December 21, 1977 in Lagos, but hails from Itoko in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State.
3. Iyabo obtained her West Africa School Certificate at National College, Gbagbada in Lagos before she proceeded to Lagos State Polytechnic for a diploma certificate in Estate management.
4. Her acting career began in 1998 when she joined the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) through the veteran Nollywood actress, Bimbo Akintola.
5. Iyabo Ojo later stopped acting in 1999 as a result of her marriage but returned to the Nigerian film industry in 2001.
6. Ojo has featured in over 150 movies and has equally been prolific as a producer, with over 14 movies to her credit.
7. She had received several awards and nominations. Among others are: Gold Award for Outstanding Performance (2006), African Film Award for Best Cross Over Actress (2007) and African Merit Award for best Actress of the year (2013).