19 Dead, 20 Injured, 24-Yr-Old Man Caught With Eight Explosive Devices In Lagos

19 Dead, 20 Injured In Mexico Pilgrimage Bus Crash

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/05/bus-1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=1024
Nineteen people died and 20 more were injured after a bus apparently carrying pilgrims to a religious site in central Mexico crashed on Friday.

Ricardo de la Cruz, an assitant interior secretary in the State of Mexico, said the accident occurred in the township of Joquicingo, southwest of Mexico City.

The bus was heading from the western state of Michoacan to Chalma, a town that has been visited by Roman Catholic pilgrims for centuries.

There was no immediate information on the condition of the injured passengers. Many Mexicans go on religious pilgrimages as Dec. 12, the day of the Virgin of Guadalupe, approaches.

Because they often walk or bike on narrow roads or travel in aging buses, accidents are not uncommon.

Mexico State borders Mexico City on three sides, and includes both remote rural villages and crowded suburbs of the capital.

Chalma was a site sacred in pre-Hispanic times before the 1521 conquest. After the Spanish came, believers say, a cross miraculously appeared in a cave that had been dedicated to an Aztec god, making Chalma a Christian pilgrimage site.
Source – ABC News

Police Arraign 24-Yr-Old Man Caught With Eight Explosive Devices In Lagos

https://www.tori.ng/userfiles/image/2021/nov/26/court.jpg

The intelligence unit of the Lagos State Police Command in Panti, Yaba, has commenced an extensive investigation to know the motive behind a 24-year old Fulani man, Ibrahim Abdullahi, who was caught with 8 pieces of 600mm mortar bomb explosives in the state.

According to PM Express, Abdullahi was arrested after he and others at large allegedly smuggled 8 pieces of uncharged mortar bombs inside the Nigerian Army Cantonment, Ikeja, Lagos.

“However, they ran out of luck after the security intelligence suspected the movement of Abdullahi and searched the bag he was carrying and discovered that he was in possession of the bombs.

“He was immediately arrested and the bombs were recovered from him as exhibits, while his other accomplices escaped and are now at large.

“It was not yet certain the motives behind their action and where they got the explosives. Some, who heard about it, suspected they might have smuggled the bombs into the cantonment to bomb the barracks. While others suspected they may have smuggled the explosives for safe keeping for an undisclosed operation in the state since they were not military officers,”

The police have already charged the prime suspect, Abdullahi before the Ebute Meta Magistrates Court and he was remanded in custody while the investigation is still ongoing to unmask those behind the act.

The motion was moved by the prosecutor, Inspector Olatunde Kehinde, who asked the court to remand the defendant in custody pending the outcome of investigation and Department of Public Prosecution’s advice.

The Presiding Magistrate, Mrs. A.A. Oshoniyi, ordered the remand of Abdullahi in custody pending the outcome of DPP’s while the police were said to have intensified efforts to apprehend other accomplices now at large.
Source – Sahara Reporters