Tragedy, Nigerian Musician Commits Suicide, 4 Dead As More Chibok Girls Escape From Boko Haram

Starboy Fizzy is dead – Upcoming artiste allegedly commits suicide in Delta

An upcoming artiste identified as Starboy Fizzy has allegedly committed suicide by drinking a poisonous substance suspected to be Snipper. His friends have taken to social media to mourn his demise.

According to multiple online reports, the incident happened in the early hours Thursday, January 28, in Warri, after he returned from a church vigil with his mother.

The Warri-based singer, Starboy Fizzy took the drastic step because the pastor of the church told his mother that he saw a vision which shows that the deceased wanted to use her for money ritual.

 

Source: Lailas News

 

 

BREAKING: ‘More Chibok Girls Have Escaped’

Some of the Chibok girls abducted and held by the Boko Haram insurgents since 2014 might have escaped today.

A parent, who spoke to Daily Trust, said some of them had been contacted by officials handling the girls and that the affected parents might be invited to Maiduguri on a later date.
A source indicated that Halima Ali is one of the girls believed to have escaped five years since the escape of her sister Maryam.
Daily Trust gathered that Halima was married off to a commander under the instruction of Abubakar Shekau few months after their abduction from their boarding school in Chibok.
Halima’s father, Ali Maiyanga, could not be reached for comment but a credible source told our reporter that friends and family members trooped to the family house of Halima to congratulate the family on the good news.
When contacted, the Secretary, Chibok Parents Association, Lawal Zannah, said he had information that some of the girls had escaped but had not yet ascertained the number.
“We heard that some of our girls have escaped from the forest, but we are yet to get the detail about their number,” Zannah said.
A group of armed fighters abducted 219 schoolgirls from their hostel in 2014, sparking an international outrage.
Four of the abducted girls; Amina Ali, Maryam Ali, Rakiya Ntsiha and Solomi Titus escaped before the release of 21 and then 82 following negotiation with Boko Haram, making a total of 107.

 

Source: DailyTrust

 

Kaduna: Bandits kill four in Igabi, Kajuru communities

The Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan, on Thursday, confirmed that bandits killed four persons across Igabi and Kajuru Local Government Areas of the state.

He stated this in a statement he issued on Thursday evening.

According to the statement,
“Security agencies have reported that armed bandits attacked Nasarawa Kalgo community on the outskirts of Jaji, Rigachikun district in Igabi local government area. ”

Mr Aruwan in the statement added that, “the bandits stormed the village in dozens, and killed one resident, Harrisu Ibrahim.”

His words: “Similarly, armed bandits attacked the Kujama area of Chikun Local Government Area, and were repelled by local vigilantes.

“However, as they retreated to their hideouts, the bandits attacked Janwuriya village in Kajuru local government area, and killed two brothers, Nuhu Ishaya and Yakubu Ishaya.”
The statement further explained thus,
“In a separate incident, bandits invaded Maraban Kajuru, also in Kajuru local government area and killed one resident, Samiru Na Ya’u.

“Governor Nasir El-Rufai expressed his distress at these reports, and prayed for the repose of the souls of the slain, while sending his condolences to their families. He also tasked security agencies to conduct diligent investigations into the incidents.”

 

Source: Dailypost

 

 

Nollywood actor Uche Maduagwu comes out as ‘gay’ on Instagram

Nollywood actor Uche Maduagwu has stunned many, as he came out as a proud gay, urging followers to not judge others.

Nollywood actor Uche Maduagwu comes out as ‘gay’ on Instagram
Share

According to the actor, we have to appreciate others and share only love as we need to respect people’s choices and not judge them by practicing Jesus’ kind of love.

Uche Maduagwu shared a photo with the tag ”Proudly GAY” after the gay video of a certain upcoming actor went viral on social media on Wednesday January 27.

He posted the photo and wrote;

”Appreciate others and #share only love we need to respect peoples choices not to judge them so lets practice jesus kind of love”

See some reactions to his post below;

sunday_self_made: Na wao! So you get big hole for back so?

prince_afunwa_: You need God bro, let me unfollow you I hate nonsense!

badboylavish: Wey better babes full everywhere

the_black_conqueror76: What the hell has happened to Nigeria?

 

Source: Lailas News

 

 

“I have a girlfriend” – Don Jazzy cries our after women send #SilhoutteChallenge to his DM

Nigerian record producer Michael Collins Ajereh, better known as Don Jazzy, has issued a strong warning to ladies sending silhouette challenge videos to his DM.

I have a girlfriend – Don Jazzy cries our after women send #SilhoutteChallenge to his DM
Share

The dance routine usually features ladies typically dressed down while dancing to Paul Anka’s song, Put Your Head On My Shoulder released in 1987 and stripping when Doja Cats’ song, ‘Streets’ which was released in 2019 comes on.

The women dance under red lights allowing viewers to only see the silhouettes of their naked bodies.
Even though the red light only shows the silhouette, the wrong shade of red, as observed in some of the videos means people can see more than just a silhouette.

What even makes the trend more exciting are speculations that with the aid of virtual reality, viewers can see beneath the red lights.

Taking to his Twitter page to warn the women, Don Jazzy complained about them sending the raunchy videos to him, as he is also in a relationship. He wrote;

“People are doing their own #SilhoutteChallenge inside my Instagram DM.” I have a girlfriend ooo.

 

Source: Lailas News

 

 

My COVID-19 experience by Bisi Olatilo

This is my second encounter with you fellow Nigerians from all parts of the world on my gallant fight with the dreaded coronavirus virus which all the doctors l have met on this issue, have confirmed unequivocally without mincing words that it’s the deadliest virus that weakens every part of the body and turns a full blown adult into a one year old toddler who is assisted to bath urinate excrete, washing of the teeth and other essential hygiene protocols to keep one in very a healthy state of mind.

In my first report on this aspect on my COVID-19 admission at the Mainland Hospital in Yaba Lagos, my wife Princess Folashade Olatilo completely took over these chores including feeding me with meals l did not have appetite to eat for close to one week of my 2 weeks stay in the hospital By the way l can confirm to all Nigerians especially those seeking the best hospital where professionals of different disciplines; doctors nurses and the likes are on 24-hr vigil so to speak, for the treatment of only one patient; the place to be is the mainland Hospital Yaba Lagos Kudos to the Managing Director of the facility Dr Ablmbola Bowale, Dr Deji Falana and others.

This was the standard put in place by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu who is the incident commander right from when he and the Lagos State Commissioner for Health Prof Akin Abayomi began the battle to stop the spread of coronavirus to other parts of Nigeria after the first coronavirus case was noticed in the country in March 2019. The very first coronavirus case in Nigeria was registered in Lagos.

It therefore became expedient that the coronavirus pandemic was stopped in its track from spreading to other parts of the country which would have sparked a National calamity of unimaginable proportions of destruction of lives and livelihood of Nigerians. Governor Babajide Sanwo olu of Lagos state displayed uncommon leadership role in the way he handled the first spike of the coronavirus pandemic even at a time when accomplished Medical practitioners from different parts of the world confessed that the coronavirus pandemic was a very deadly virus which has no medical remedy for now.

It’s very heart warming and highly commendable to note that Mainland hospital management Yaba Lagos has not lowered the standards of operations at the hospital Let’s also Reiterate the fact that the Mainland Hospital yaba Lagos and such Health facilities equipped with modern state of art facilities in different parts of Nigeria was put together by a group called CACOVID a worthy initiative put together by Africa’s Richest man and Nigeria’s No 1 philanthropist Alhaji Aliko Dangote, GCON in conjunction with banks like zenith bank, Access bank, UBA, polaris bank with the central bank of Nigeria and dangote group coordinating.

We should at this point also commend prince Nduka Obaigbena the chairman of Thisday Newspaper and Arise News Tv for donating his multibillion Naira ultramodern “The Dome events centre in Abuja the The Nation’s capital as an executive isolation center where coronavirus patients were given 7 star superb Medical intervention by the best medical practitioners for the job any where in the world. Reports say these isolation centers became so cozy and very enjoyable that many patients just refused to be discharged even when they have been confirmed totally free of coronavirus.

 

Source: Vanguard

 

 

Attahiru assumes office as new army chief, Buratai bows out

The new Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, has taken over the mantle of leadership of the Nigerian Army in an elaborate handing over ceremony by his predecessor, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, on Thursday in Abuja.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that President Muhammadu Buhari had, on Tuesday, announced the appointment of Attahiru alongside other service chiefs. NAN reports that in line with the Nigerian Army tradition, the outgone army chief decorated his successor with the insignia of the office and handed the play of office to him. The pulling out parade for Buratai will take place on Friday.

The outgone Chief Of Army Staff (COAS) Buratai, while handing over the mantle of leadership, thanked God for a successful service to the nation and Buhari for finding him worthy. He urged the new army chief to ensure that the Nigerian Army remained professionally responsive in the discharge of its constitutional duties. Buratai said that the army on his watch had ensured that democracy was supported and protected, urging his successor to ensure that the army continued to be loyal and professional.

He also urged Attahiru to remember him for improved professionalism of the Nigerian Army, improved responsiveness of the army in the area training administration and logistics needs of the army and responsiveness to Nigeria’s democratic imperativeness.

 

Source: Vanguard